The mission of the Welcome office is to support international students enrolled in study programs of all cycles (Undergraduate, Master, PhD) as well as researchers and visiting staff of the University of Crete, before and after their arrival in Crete, Greece, for issues related to procedures, actions, and communication with other public bodies.
The Welcome office is responsible for:
- supporting student-visa-applicantswith information through communication with the Greek Consular Authorities, as well as towards their application for a Greek residence permit within 90 days of their arrival in Greece and for communication with the relevant public bodies,
- supporting the process of concluding contracts that facilitate the granting of residence permits for study purposes,
- supporting the international students during their settlement in the country for topics such as choosing among accommodation options, information regarding medical insurance, application for tax identification number, opening of a bank account and other procedures related to public services.
- cooperatingwith the competent services of the University of Crete to serve the needs of international students and assisting them with any other issues that could emerge during their studies,
- informing about the Modern Greek Language Classes, devoted to the teaching of Modern Greek as a foreign language in cooperation with the competent units of our Institution,
- exercising any other competence that facilitates and contributes social integration of third-country nationals on the Greek territory and into the academic community,
Members of staff will be available by email, phone or in person to help international students resolve any problems that come up.